Pic

Pic
Vinegar-Stroke

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Help: How do you Dispose of #1 and #2 (Sanitation) in a Small Cruiser?


I'll be publishing a post in this blog (scheduled for June 19) focused on how people handle (the results of) these bodily functions. I'm looking for examples, commercial or home-made, that you have used.

Please email me photos and brief description (or a link to your site) of your custom built sanitation system to TomOarCruising@gmail.com. OR let me know in a 'comment' below what commercial (e.g., Wag Bag and Luggable Loo) unit you use and comments you have about it's utility.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

6 comments:

  1. 1 vote for Luggable Loo and Wag Bags. A 3 gal bucket fits better than a 5 gal in a small boat, the Loo lid still fits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A bucket, a garbage bag, and Pine shavings. (Pine shavings meant for rabbit cages.) Pine is important for its anti odor and instant composting ability.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rick and Shnarg, thanks for the input...

    ReplyDelete
  4. We camp in a teardrop trailer I built, teardrops don't have bathrooms, and my wife hates the long walk in the dark.
    I got the luggable loo lid, and bucket. We put a small garbage bag into the bucket, and toss in a few handfuls of wood based cat litter. After each deposit, we cover it with more litter. By morning the liquid is fully absorbed and we tie up the bag and dispose.
    The wood takes care of most odors also.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the confirmation that these 'sanitation' techniques really work... My wife is VERY skeptical!

      Tom

      Delete
  5. We camp in a teardrop trailer I built, teardrops don't have bathrooms, and my wife hates the long walk in the dark.
    I got the luggable loo lid, and bucket. We put a small garbage bag into the bucket, and toss in a few handfuls of wood based cat litter. After each deposit, we cover it with more litter. By morning the liquid is fully absorbed and we tie up the bag and dispose.
    The wood takes care of most odors also.

    ReplyDelete